Sleep is as important as you need the right food and exercise for better health. With age, you may experience a change in your sleeping pattern. Most of the elders experience restless nights or waking too early in the morning or problem sleeping constantly. It matters less how much time you sleep at night but it matters how much time you have deep and unconscious sleep. Lying down on the bed for eight hours does not mean you have an eight-hour sleep. Not the amount but the quality will determine how you feel fit for the next day.
Most of the elders become traumatic when the evening starts as the darkness reminds them about the previous sleepless nights. It is really painful to stay awake when the rest of the family members are sleeping peacefully. This is a common scenario for every elder. Though it is very common and natural but with your careful concern you can make your sleeping pattern good even with aging.
Here are a few tips that can improve your sleep even after 60:
- 1. Limit caffeine and alcohol intake
- Caffeine is a stimulant that makes your nerves restless. To have good sleep at night, avoid taking caffeine after the afternoon. Alcohol also excites your nervous system and leads to poor sleep. So, avoid these stimulants especially before going to bed.
- 2. Stick to a regular schedule
- Make a routine in your sleep pattern. Try to go to bed at the same time daily and wake up early in the morning. When you have a definite sleeping pattern, your body will feel drowsy automatically at that particular time.
- 3. Create an inspiring bedroom environment
- Make your bedroom a quiet, clean, and relaxing place. External noises and lights may trouble your sleep. Try to keep your bedroom comfortable, cool, noise-free, and dark to get sound sleep.
- 4. Avoid heavy meals in the evening
- With age, your natural digestion process becomes poor and slow. So, it is better to take your last supper at least three hours before your bedtime. Eat light soups, boiled vegetables, and curd instead of spicy foods. Proper digestion is necessary for good sleep.
- 5. Avoid long daytime naps
- If you sleep during the day there is a greater chance that you stay awake at night.
- 6. Limit fluid intake in the evening
- Repeated urination hinders your sleep. So, try to drink less fluid after the evening.
- 7. Keep electronic devices away from your bed
- Use your bed only for the purpose of relaxation. Don’t allow electronic devices to hamper your sleep. Instead of using TV, mobile phone, and laptop try to concentrate on some calming music or read journals and magazines to trigger natural sleep.
- 8. Do some meditation
- As a continuous sufferer, you can practice some meditation techniques to enhance relaxation and calmness thus, better sleep. Reputed senior care services Kolkata guide the elderly people with the right meditation techniques to support their health and fitness.
Rising Care is one of the renowned and trusted Home health care services in Kolkata. It provides several services and facilities to increase the comfort and wellbeing of senior people from the comfort of their home.
For more information about Rising Care, hit the click button at url: https://risingcare.org/ or Call at +91 9830961324 ; +91 9038077784